College Library contains a good deal of texts and reference books. The members of the staff, students of the college and other persons specially permitted by the Principal may use the Library . The library opens during college hours on all working days.
Section - I
RULES COMMON TO ALL BORROWERS OF BOOKS.
1. No Book should be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the Librarian until it has been properly entered in the loan register.
2. Each borrower must examine the condition of the book before it is issued in case of mutilation discovered later, the presumption will be against the borrower.
3. The book should be returned within the period allowed to a borrower.
4. Library books in possession of borrower should be returned to the Library before the college closes for the long vacation on or before date notified for the purpose.
5. Whoever might have a library book in his/her possession should return to the Librarian, whenever he/she receives a requisition notice from the Principal.
6. Books taken out of the Library must be returned to the Librarian and not to anybody else.
7. No marginal or other notes or marking shall be made in the Library books nor shall any pictures or pages be removed or otherwise disfigured.
8. The Librarian will report to the Principal about the persons responsible for improper use of the library books.
9. A borrower against whom any overdue or other charges is outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow books from the Library.
10. If any borrower keeps a book in his or her possession for more than the time allowed for the purpose, no more books will be issued to him or her until the book is returned to the Library .
11. All those who may happen to be inside the Library or in its neighborhood are expected to observe strict silence. The Librarian is to see that silence is strictly observed and to report about any willful breach of the rule. Professors in charge of Library are expected to use their influences to promote the observance of the rule whenever they are in Library and to report to the Principal the cases of deliberate disobedience and misbehavior.
12. The Library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals of the Library.
13. Cycle. Sticks umbrella and other articles should not be brought into the Library premises.
14. Spitting and sleeping inside the Library are strictly forbidden.
15. None but members of the staff may go beyond the Library counter. Persons with special permission from the Principal may use the Library.
16. Text books will in no case be issued to anyone except the member of the teaching staff teaching the subjects.
17. The following table shows the maximum number of books that may be issued to various classes of borrowers subject to availability of stock.
|Borrowers||No of books Time||permitted|
|a) Members of Teaching Staff||15+5||1 Month|
|b) Office Assistants, Demonstrators||10+5||1 Month|
|c) Attendants and others||02||1 Month|
|d) +2 students (1 text book + 1 reference Book)||02||15 days|
|e) +3 Students [pass] (2 text books & +1 reference Book)||03||15 days|
|f) +.3 students [Hons] (3 text books & + 1 reference Book)||04||15 days|
18.A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him only when nobody wants to take the book before reissue. It should be presented before the Librarian for necessary entries in the register.
19. Reference books, periodicals, syllabus, map, dictionary etc. shall not be issued to anyone unless specially permitted by the Principal.
20. Members of the staff may take books from the Library after signing on a loan register. Students must take books on cards which will be given to them after they are admitted to the college.
21. If a student loses his Library card he should immediately report this to the Librarian in writing and a duplicate Library card will be issued to him on the payment of requisite fees and on submission of a passport size photograph.
22. No student will be admitted to fill up the final application form for appearing CHSE/University examination unless he/she obtains a "No dues" certificate from the Librarian.
23. Any book lost, damaged or defaced by a borrower must be replaced by him. The entire series of a book shall be replaced in case of loss or damage to anyone of the series. Otherwise three times of the cost of the book will be charged from the borrower.
24. Borrower’s card is not transferable.
25. Books borrowed by the members are not transferable.
26. Members shall appear in person to take books on loan.
27. A borrower shall be responsible for all books issued on his card.
28. A student shall produce his Identity card whenever demanded in the Library.
29. Physical verification of Library books shall ordinary be made once in a year preferably in the month of April-May .
30. In all matters of the Library Principal is final authority .
31. A person who uses the Library is expected to be conversant with the Library rule and to abide by them. Ignorance of Library rules will be no excuse for the breach of any rules.
32. In case of transfer of the employees or students the documents like C.L.C., T .C, Mark sheets should not be issued unless a clearance certificate is received from the Librarian.
33. In case of retirement, financial benefits like sanction of G.P .F, of final withdrawals, pension papers should be held up unless the clearance certificate is received from the Librarian.
SECTION - II
(Special rules for students)
1. No student should enter the Library room without permission of the Librarian.
2. No one should enter the Library room with personal books.
3. Perfect silence should be maintained.
4. Library Books should be returned within a fortnight failing which an over due charge of 10 paisa per volume per day shall be levied and no further books shall be issued until the overdue books are returned along with fine..